Every year, we’re given the opportunity to fall back one hour, which always leads to think, “If I could get one hour back, which one would it be?”
- September ___, 1994, 9-10pm: I was sitting courtside at the US Open Tennis Tournament in New York for a great match with Mats Wilander vs someone else.
- Summer 1984: Playing tennis with my best friend Ken Miller. RIP
- (Unspoken): But yeah…
- Friday? December ___, 2000 8-9pm: First date with Alicia (I might have asked her more questions)
- Friday, August 21st, 1998 at 10-11pm: I had just given my life to Christ and was awash with release of so many feelings of guilt and meaninglessness.
- Monday, February 14th at 1-2am: Milo was born! So exciting to hold our son who’s gender was unknown until he was born!
- Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008, ___am: Holding Sabrina, our first daughter. She was so sweet from the womb to my hand.
- Saturday, October 30th 5-6am: Ruben was born. Holding him and praying with him that we’d love the Lord and his mama who carried him.
- Friday, September 21st, 2001 at 8-9pm: Our prewedding party (Pre-iesta!). I have always regretted cutting off the party too early but I was afraid we’d all be too tired for the wedding…
- Saturday, September 22nd, 2001 at 3-4pm: Our wedding day. What a beautiful outdoor wedding. Simple. Surrounded by so many friends and family.
How about you? If we really could “turn back time?” What hour would you relive?
By the way, don’t forget to set your clocks back one hour before you go to bed on Saturday night.
But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:8