Need Each Other

I’ve been off on a family vacation for the last two weeks & am so thankful to be refreshed for the new year at Restoration. I say refreshed but rested isn’t usually a part of our family vacations. Just about every break we get in the year, we make the trek up to Michigan to…

Happy HolyDays Everyone

Yesterday I found myself in the middle of a cultural discussion about Christmas. For some say that there is a war on Christmas happening right now. As our culture desires to be less expressive about the Christian roots behind the celebration of the season, many hear “Happy Holidays!” as a concession that “God is not…

Thank you Erik Estrada!

Erik Estrada premiered his latest film about internet predators at Restoration Covenant Church in Round Rock Erik Estrada is best known for his leading role in the television series, ChiPs. Since that program, he has appeared in a long list of movies, television shows, and reality programs. Estrada is also the National Celebrity Spokesman for…

Going Viral

I was in an airport terminal recently and noticed something that honestly, I could have seen in any other public space these days… Everyone in the waiting area was using a portable device. I know, this is not big news at all. I confess that I had mine out too. I was listening to music,…

How is Jesus Different?

With so many different religions out there, it’s hard to find the truth.  In some ways, they all seem the same. How is Jesus different? Discover more at www.ExploreGod.com

Does God Speak to Us?

Have you ever “heard” from God? Even for those who don’t yet know God or have religious experiences often finding themselves hearing from or sensing some sort of divine presence. What should we do with those experiences? Discover more at www.ExploreGod.com

What is a church?

What intrigued me the most in my reading of the 3rd message thread from John (@TheElder) is the world of early church and how that model contrasts so much from what we know today. John is excited to have heard reports that his friend @Gaius is walking in the truth and loving well. He hears these reports…

Nice Body

This past Sunday, I shared a “theology of the body” sourcing out of 3John. John, @TheElder is writing through short message service (SMS) to his friend @Gaius. He says to he says, uh… Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well…

In, Through & Around

At our monthly council meeting and again at our weekly staff meeting, I asked everyone to share their responses to three questions: How is the Lord working IN you? How is He working THROUGH you? How is He working AROUND you? These questions might provide a helpful framework for a spiritual conversation between brothers and…